Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Happy DINK'in New Year

Welcome to the DINK blog--that's Double Income No Kids. That describes my husband and I. I started this blog to discuss some of the ideosyncrisies that people in our situation face. I know, this is nothing important like curing cancer, securing world peace or finding out whether Nick and Jessica will get back together, but when you have two people with good jobs and more time and disposable income than other people around them, I think there come certain responsibilities and obligations. How do you use your good fortune for good and not evil? How do you overcome selfishness when you only have yourselves to look after? How do you maintain relationships with your friends when they move on into the parental stage of life? Of course, it seems a little self absorbed--even a luxury--to be able to contemplate these issues. So many people have much more pressing concerns. Nevertheless, I hope you'll bear with me as I use this space to figure out the meaning of DINK life.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home